Offences involving Firearms
Any offence involving a firearm is a serious one and expert legal advice should always be taken if you are arrested on suspicion of any of these types of offences.
For some firearms offences there is a statutory minimum sentence of 5 years imprisonment, so it is important to ensure that you have the best legal representation available.
If you are arrested you should ask for a Solicitor at the earliest opportunity. We recommend that you say nothing to the Police until you have spoken directly with us. Our 24 hour number is 07850 012 366.
Advice at a Police Station is always free of charge and will be paid for by Legal Aid. This does not depend on your financial circumstances.
The law in England relating to Firearms
A number of laws exist which deal with firearms offences, ranging from criminal use of a firearm to illegal possession of firearms.
There are complex rules relating to different of types of firearms including air guns, imitation and specialist firearms.
We can assist you with any case involving firearms offences, including:
- Illegal possession of a firearm
- Criminal use of a firearm
- Illegal conversion of weapons (such as shortening a shotgun)
- Antiques and de-activated weapons
- Acquisition and possession of firearms and air weapons by minors
- Importation of firearms
- Air guns and other air weapons
- Imitation firearms and Realistic imitation firearms
- Readily convertible imitations including Olympic BBM
If you have been charged with a firearms offence contact us for advice.